The lodge management will continue to update its valued regular and prospective clients on development and upgrades at the lodge and important upcoming activities in Victoria Falls by way of a quarterly news brief. Thus the news brief will include the following thematic issues:
- Customer patronage and important activities;
- Developments including upgrades at the lodge;
- Associated and important events at the lodge;
- Associated and important events in the Victoria Falls
1. GUEST OCCUPANCY OVER VIEW
The first quarter started on a low note and increased as the year progressed. Notable was the increase in international reservations and number of guests.
|QUARTER||RESERVATIONS||NUMBER OF GUESTS|
Most of the activities undertaken included the following.
- Boat sunset cruises;
- Tour of the Victoria Falls;
- Tour of the bridge to view the associated activities;
- Tour of the crocodile farm;
- Chobe full day trips;
3. GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS
- A separate self catering kitchen was constructed to cater for guests who would want to do self catering.
- The lodge rooms were repainted both interior and exterior;
- The garden and yard outlook continues to be improved;
- The capacity of the lodge was increased by adding four more bedrooms which includes a spacious family room;
- There is an improvement in free internet connectivity;
- DSTV continue to be provided in all our rooms.
- The website wildtrekkerslodge.com is now up and running and clients can book online and have the opportunity to use VISA and MASTER cards as well local point of sale cards;
- The website offers the live chat and Skype facilities;
- The lodge is well marketing globally through international marketing agencies.
5. GUEST COMMENTS AND GENERAL CONSTRAINTS
While we strive to improve, the guests’ comments were generally good that the lodge is 3.9/5 on the international scale. In general the negative comments related to providing a swimming pool and air cons and the management will take these issues as top priority in the coming quarters.
6. OBJECTIVES FOR THE NEXT QUARTER
- Improve the interior deco and beddings;
- Procure additional TVs;
- Start installing in superior and family rooms;
- Start the development of the restaurant.
- Place directional signs on strategic positions within town;
- Improve reception and office outlook.